Happy and Healthy

Monday, January 26, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 15


I am sitting here feeling so good. (Exhausted, a little sore, but so good). I just finished my 21 day fix exercise for today.

Today's 30 minute at home exercise was called total body cardio fix.

Ummm, yeah. That's accurate. I can feel muscles everywhere. Lol it's an amazing workout. Who needs a gym membership? Not me. This kicked my butt and I could do it once the kids went to bed.

The 30 minutes are broken down into 60 second intervals. It makes it much easier to make it through. I found myself just focusing on those 60 seconds and pushing as hard as I could. The modifier is great. I definitely hard to modify. I am not ashamed to say that. I've had two babies, two csections and was on 80% bed rest for most of my second pregnancy. It's safe to say that I am out of shape. Who cares though really. I am pushing play. I am finding a way to fit it in. I am modifying when and where I need to.  I am doing it. The hardest part was starting, but now that I have, it feels to good to stop. 

There is something amazing that happens to your self esteem when you can feel your body changing and your muscles getting stronger. It's empowering and it's motivation to keep going! I am convinced that with modifying anyone can start with this program and continue to build as they get stronger.

I made the most delicious dinner tonight. A healthy take (21 day fix friendly) on some comfort food. Tuna Caserole!!!

I forgot to take a picture of it so I will simply share the recipe below for you;-)

Brown Rice Tuna Casserole:

1 1/4 cups uncooked brown rice
3 cups water
1 tbsp. butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 (7 oz.) can tuna, water packed, drained
3 cups of lightly steamed cauliflower 

1. Combine rice and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 35 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter.

2. Add celery, onion, yogurt and milk.

3. Add salt, pepper and oregano; mix well.

4. Add flaked tuna and cauliflower; mix well.

5. Turn into 2 quart casserole. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minuets.

6. Top with shredded cheese and paprika (tonight we did not add cheese, we just sprinkled it with a little paprika).

Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment