Happy and Healthy

Monday, January 5, 2015

After the Holidays = Reality Time


I love the holidays. I love being together with family and friends. Visiting, late nights, great food and of course some wine....but now that January has arrived so has the honest assessment.

Let me be clear about something. Leading into the holidays I was no where near being in great shape. I was working on it BUT I had a 4 month old baby and was recovering from my second csection. I still had a long way to go. I was ok with that. I still am. What I didn't expect was how far back the holidays would set me. I expected no progress but I literally went backwards.

While I have moments of being disappointed, I am also oddly ok with it. I had a fantastic time. It was one of my most memorable Christmases. We got to share and experience so much with our girls.

Now I have a plan:

I have a 21 day fix group starting next week that I am pumped about.

There are some amazing ladies in this group that will be joining me in hitting our exercise and clean eating goals. I am looking forward, with excitement to supporting each other through the next 21 days. 

I plan to share my journey with you. The good, the bad and the ugly. I know I will have some bad days but I am so ready to get things back on track and start to really feel good. I love the increased energy that comes from exercising. I can't wait to share that extra energy with my family.

Bring on the New Year and this new challenge. For me, I know this will lead to more enjoyment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment